We've been working with our designer, Patrick, to create the designs throughout the site.
As you can see, these modernise the look and feel of the site, and deal with a lot of usability issues
The changes overall are:
- We remove the concept of issues vs threads and just have discussions - which are then linked together by tags.
- As a result, we now simplify all the various listings down to a single page, with filtering.
- Filter panel on the right, so that discussions can be easily filtered.
- There is no up-front requirement to set an area - by default the discussions shown will be everything from the group, but a geographical filter can be set if wanted, using the right-side panel.
- New account creation is much simpler, so we don't put people off getting involved.
- The public can now submit ideas, and site users can then pluck these off the map to turn them into a discussion.
- Similarly, there is a map of planning applications that can easily be turned into a discussion.
- In the reply box, attaching other media now has a far more sensible user interface.
- The site's look and feel is modernised and friendly.
- Have proper mobile responsiveness.